Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rosenhill (The Grand Finale)

So here I am, in the final week of my long summer abroad. I'm now at my third WWOOFing location. I mentioned in my last post how I was starting to long for home, but keep getting reminders about how much there is to still enjoy. Rosenhill is the perfect remedy to keep my mind from counting days, hours and minutes until I am home again. Of course this summer has been amazing, but I sure am looking forward to spending some quality time in my own space in the place I call home. 

As you might already know I've had two other experiences WWOOFing this summer. The first farm wasn't at all what I was hoping for, so looking for something more I found another farm near by. That was a lovely experience on a family farm and I ended up returning to them for a visit before my summer ended. Rosenhill is a whole other experience. For me it is the ideal WWOOFing experience. I'd say it's what I imagined WWOOFing to be like from the begining. 
Rosenhill is a Cafe and Musteri run by the lovely owners, Emilia and Lars. Must is a swedish word for juice directly from the fruit. The Musteri is where customers bring their apples to have them pressed into must. In stockholm I'd say it's one of the things Rosenhill is most well known for. 

Here's some fresh bread baked for the busy Sunday. The weekend are usually the most busy time of the week. Saturdays usually a party is held in the evening, either a private event or they host some sort of musician and have a dinner. Sundays they hold a flee market in the parking lot, and if the weather is good there are usually 20 to 30 people set up with knick knacks for sale.  
Here I am at my sleeping quarters. I have a roommate as well, Sophia, from Germany. Recently we had two others move in with us, Lena and Franzie, also from Germany. There usually 6 to 10 WWOOFers here at anytime. While I was here there were people from Germany, Spain, England, U.S.A. and Australia. People flock here from all over the world. Emilia and Lars always are sure to remind us that without the helpful hands and clever minds of all of us Rosenhill would not be what it is today. 

Meals here are always wonderful. There is so much fresh food from the gardens to use, so it always makes for a great meal. 

Something good looking and great tasting garnished with edible floral. 

Sooo fresh
Here we have the give and take shop, started by two WWOOFers. Here things are left and whoever can feel free to take what they need or want, leaving behind something they no longer need. It seems to work out well and makes for some great fun for us living and working. All sorts of fascinating things are left behind. 
Great seat on the rooftop.

Franzie and I, with our matching shirts. 

A view from the rafters of the Veranda. 

Today I leave Rosenhill and return to Stockholm to spend my last two days in Sweden with my sweet love, Clara. This summer has gone by so quickly. It feels like last week I was feeling so nervous to leave for the whole summer. Four months seemed like such a long time to be home and here I am at the end of the summer, wishing I could stay longer. But all good things must come to an end, I guess. Friday my flight departs from Stockholm at 11:15 and plan to arrive in Boston at 5:45 with a layover in London. See you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I don't know if you still use this blog, but I plan to wwoof at Rosenhill this summer.

    Can you give me any tips on what to bring/wear and what sort of tasks Lars et al assigned you while volunteering at Rosenhill?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! So excited for you to be going to Rosenhill. What time of year are you going? Bring whatever you are comfortable working and whatever you will need to be comfortable. There are plenty of blankets and things to stay cozy. Such Lovely people, Amelia and Lars. Lots of random tasks from gardening to machine repair, but usually if Lars puts you to a task he will give you what you need to get the job done. Let me know if there are any other questions you have!

      Delete