Tuesday, June 26, 2012

About to head to Copenhagen

So soon we take off on our Euro-tour. Not quite sure what's in store for us, but I'm trying to not let my excitement build too much. So here is our plan-at 3 we head to Copenhagen, Denmark. We will meet up with our friend, Joy, who was lived in Randolph as an exchange student the same year as Clara. We'll be staying with her for two nights. It's hard to say exactly what we plan to do, because that could change as soon as we get there. Also my friend Matt from vermont, who I've know since I was young, is going to in Copenhagen the same time as Clara and I so we are planning to meet up with him and do some sight seeing together. After two nights in Copenhagen we are headed to Amsterdam. We're hoping to take the night train to save a day traveling, but we're not sure how that will work out yet. Tomorrow when we buy our Euro-rail pass we're going to book our train ticket from Copenhagen to Amsterdam, hopefully we'll find one that will fit. We'll be in Amsterdam for 3 nights, then head to Prague for another two nights. Those three citys are for sure for those days because we have already booked hostels. As for the rest of our trip we are planing to go to Croatia for at least 4 nights, Budapest for two night, and Berling for 3 or 4 nights. We're not sure in what order we will do the tail end of our trip but we'll see.

Our bags are all packed, mine is weighing about 12 Kg. As I packed each item I had to think ¨How would I feel if I lost this?¨ So many of my favorite things that I brought, like my stuffed duck, or my favorite rings and necklace I will not be carrying along with me. Here is a list of what I've pack for this three week journey.
-1 thermos
-2 books to read which can be chucked when finished
-1 fresh journal thanks to Bud & Bella's Book store in Randolph
-1 pair of jeans
-2 pairs of shorts, one for sleeping, one for day wear
-2 skirts
-1 pair of black leggings
-5 tank tops
-3 t-shirts, one nice one for going out somewhere, one for sleeping
-5 sock
-underwear
-bathing suit
-small towels
-toothbrush and like things
-silksheet
-some pens
-a safe belt to wear under clothes
-flipflops for showers, sneakers, tevas
-a small backpack for day trips
-various chargers
-camera!
-ipod reshly loaded with new music
I think that's about all i've got packed. maybe various other things. Playing cards, some dice, aswell as all our information, maps, print outs. I've prepared to get ride of any thing if my bag get too heavy. One regret of mine is that I didn't shop better for a bag and now I've realized it's just a bit too small. But It does force me to carry less which my back will thank me for later. Okay, well now I'm running out of time. I'll try to post when we get to copenhagen! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment