Saturday, June 02, 2012

Rain, rain, go away.

Raining here. It has been for the past couple of days. And it's been about 8 degrees Celsius. Yuck. It was lovely here just last week, a toasty 25 degrees C. Now it's back to spring weather, or something. Hopefully summer will return soon. Besides the rain, things have been good. Letting the horses out got postponed from the other day, we ran out of fence at the very end!  The horses were let out to their newly extended pastures yesterday.
 Elvira decided thursday night that she was going to stay home home and play with me on Friday, so that is what she did. Lotta took the other children to school and ran some errands in town, and I was to look after the homestead. Mostly just the child. Neighbor Elvira came over to play, since she also had not gone to school (I'm thinking they planned that together). But they had a good time, playing, I painted nails, we had snacks, and they did their regular romping around the farm in their raincoats and boots. When Lotta came home it was decided that she would go out and I would stay here with Elvira, since E couldn't really come out with us in the rain.  Lotta did  the final walk around on the fence to make sure it was all secured, then she let the horses free.

We went to the second hand store out past Björklinge. It was such a lovely place and so big! There was a main building the clothes, books, kitchen things, etc. Then outside there were multiple barns and rooms holding furniture, bikes, and everything else! So much fun.

Yesterday evening Lotta and I went into Uppsala, met up with her Daughter, Denise, who attends school in the city. Denise turned 17 on Monday so we went out for dinner and a movie in celebration. We went to a Thai Food place for dinner, average Thai food, nothing too extraordinary. After we headed over to the Theater and got our tickets to see the Hunger Games. I hadn't read the book or inquired about the story at all, but I had heard all the rave reviews in the U.S. before I left. Wow, really great story. Well written and so thought provoking. Now I need to read the books. I'm a little bummed I didn't read the book first, because now when I read it, I will already have an image in my head of the story, the places, and the people. But there are always things about the book that can't be captured in the movie. We'll see! Hope the weather is treating you all well at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment