Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's been some time since I've posted... about a week. Let's see...  We've still been working on the fence. It has taken longer than we thought, just like any project. But it is very close to being completed. Lotta and I working together are a force to be reckoned with. Yesterday we worked through the woods putting up the fence and it seems like we were going at light-speed. Today we should be done, and then we can move on the more fun things. Yesterday, after our speedy fencing session, we picked blossoms for dandelion wine and set them in the boiling water. Today, after we finish the fence and let the horses out to roam in their new pastures we're headed to the second hand store to get some bottles for the wine, even though it won't be bottled for another 5 weeks... it's still something to get excited about! 
 Here's a nice picture of Lotta, the farm mother, giving the horses some love. 
 Last Wednesday I went into Uppsala again to meet up with my WWOOFer friends from the previous farm. We had a lovely day walking around the city, I had yet to go into the cathederal so we did that, and wow was it something to see. The painting on the walls were so beautiful and detailed. and it felt just as big on the inside as it did looking at it on the outside. 
 After that we headed over to the parks and botanical gardens. They are the oldest botanical gardens in Sweden.  The gardens were donated to the University in 1787 by King Gustaf III to be used as a new botanical garden. So many different flower specimens. And such beautifully kept gardens. Having worked in peoples gardens before, I have an appreciation to the hard work that is put into ornamental gardens.
 Linaeus, looking good. 
 There were flowers amoung flowers amoung flowers. 

 On Thursday Evening I went with Lotta and the children to see Love play a moose in a school play, Klas Klättermus (Climbing mouse.). It is a swedish story about a mouse, very lazy and plays the guitar. He makes friends with all the other creatures and is very good at getting fed. I don't fully have the whole understanding of the story as it was in swedish, but I very much enjoyed seeing the children dressed as diffent animals singing songs. Lotta's children attend a Waldorf school, and it's very interesting to compare the Swedish Waldorf school system to the Waldorf that I know in Vermont, Aswell as seeing the Waldorf in Sweden fits into the Bigger Swedish school system. 
 Here's Lotta, setting some posts, a strong woman indeed. We've had some New WWOOFers come and go aswell. They weren't as excited about the work to be done here, and I don't think the WWOOFing scene was for them in the first place. 
 I went to Stockholm on Sunday for a graduation dinner and party for Clara's Class. It was so nice to finally get to spend more time with Clara!!!! The party was at a club that was rented out, and they themed the party so everyone dressed as Euro-Trash. So basically every look like they came from the era of  Spice Girls. It was so fun to dress up with my favorite lady! 
 The dinner was fun, it was many speeches in Swedish, class nominations, and whatnot, but I enjoyed myself anyways, it was fun to get to know some of Clara's classmates. I met far to many to remember even half of their names. And somehow I was obviously American. Besides the fact that I speak no swedish, some people could pick out the American in me before I even spoke! 
 Clara and I planned our Euro tour a little more. Our destinations are the following-Copenhagen-Hamburg-Amsterdam-Prag-Kroatia-Albania-Budapest-Berlin-then back to Stockholm. We hope to do this in a little over three weeks, and we Must be back for Clara's mother's 50th birthday. We'll see how it all goes, and that's mostly a rough outline of the place we hope to get to. We'll be doing better planning when we are together again for the summer in a week. 

I Heard about the tornado warning for Vermont, and I sure hope it was faulty. Mostly rain, hail, crappy weather? Let me know how things are for those of you reading! I'd love to hear about what's going on in my home country! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Morgan~I've been following your blog. It's great to hear about all that you are experiencing and seeing the pictures. Also, you do a fine job of expressing yourself and describing everything. We had a long spell of rain an thunder showers yesterday, but no golf ball size hail here like some places got, there were pictures of it on TV news; and I haven't heard about any tornadoes. Flooding and road damage in other places and some fires from the lightning which was constant night before last for about a half hour. Cricket hides the minute she hears thunder. Love, A. Anita

    ReplyDelete