Sunday, May 06, 2012

So far settled...

Writing here from the Farm. It's located in Uppsala, which is about an hour  North from Clara and her family.
   By the way, brunch this morning was SOOO good. We headed over to some friends of the familys house which is located in a very nice suburb area on the water accross from Stockholm. There were about 20 or more people there and SO much food. Anika, the hostess, made everything with her husband, Hans, and their two grown children. And wow, do they know how to cook. THey even made mini american pancakes and french toast with maple syrup!! And after I had stuffed myself with great food and thought i could take no more, that's when they brought out dessert... Dark rich chocolate pudding, cheese cake, creme brule, strawberry rubard crisp. And i couldn't not try a little of everything.... so i did... Soooo fulll... Now I understand how Clara felt after over eating when she lived with us....

After the brunch we headed North. Clara and her dad drove me to the farm. Uppsala is very flat. And flat makes for good crop land. The farm is located at the end of a long dirt road, without a mailing address.  Karin and Anders are the couple that own and operate the farm. They provide food locally to schools and also have CSA's. Such nice people. There are 5 others working here besides me. After I got a tour I assisted with planting some onions. Anders drives a tractor which pulls a cart with three seats. In front of the three seats are foot rests and between the foot rest and the seat is a digger that opens to ground to drop seeds, etc. So there we sit, moving about 2 mph or less feet up, hunched over dropping onions about two inches apart. We did three rows of that and ended the day at 6 p.m. Since then i've been hanging around getting to know the people. Apparently tomorrow is a day off for the WWOOFers, but since i've just arrived i've chosen to stay here and find work for myself to do, aswell as get to know my surroudings.

Feel free to write questions, those of you who are reading, so I know what I should write about and what you want to read about!!!  Take care and i'll be writing again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment