Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Safe and sound

Writing from my new home here in Vänge. Very happy here so far. I walked almost all the way to the house when I was picked up my Lotta, my WWOOF host. She then brought me to her house, showed me around and within the first half hour, she showed me how to drop a sheep to the ground and trim the wool. How about that for a learning experience! They have 13 icelandic horses, somewhere around 11 sheep, rabbits, chickens, 9 dogs, mostly small, and one german shepard for hearding the sheep. He's a sweet heart. Lotta has 5 children, i think she said. Ranging from ages 5 to 18. I'm excited to meet them all. She left after we got the sheep to the ground and I started trimming. She had a conference to go to at her children's school. There is another WWOOFer here too, Frank, from Ireland. He left with Lotta to go do some things in town. So I've been here alone, but it's such a lovely place. I did some trimming, then came up to the house, had something to eat and cleaned up the kitchen a bit. Her husband Gunnar (I think that is the spelling, but i could be totally wrong.) just got home from work but went off again on a bike ride. Very nice man. I feel so at home here and can feel the family atmosphere. Not going to get my hopes too high, but so far things are looking up. I'm excited to get to know the whole family. I'm going to go settle my things into my room and maybe try again with another sheep. 

 One of the rabbits, looks more like a dog.
 New home for the next two weeks
 Doggy
 lovely kitchen
Some of the many dogs

All the children just came home, and in the middle of writing this I had to go outside to fetch the sheep because they were out and about in the neighbors yard. Seems like I won't have a boring moment here!!

1 comment: