Saturday, May 05, 2012

Landed safely

Hello from Stockholm!!! I'm here with Clara, my sweet Swede. It's way too late at night here. I'm 6 hours ahead of you reading from the states. It's really time for me to go to bed. Clara and her Mom picked me up from the airport today (Saturday) around two and we went around for a bit doing some errands.
     I flew Friday night out of Boston at 7:45, after taking the bus from Leb, NH. From Boston I was headed to London on a 6+ hour flight. I made some friends on waiting for the plane to board, Chloe (5) and her little brother who I cannot remember the name of. Very cute kids, but the littler one managed to stay awake the whole flight crying.... (Props to you mom's who have flown or traveled anywhere long distance with small children.) I did get some sleep on the night plane, about a half hour, when I  awoke to a flight attendants butt in my face. I was sitting in an isle seat and the woman across the isle got sick on the flight.... So the lovely ladies of the plane tended to her and her mess, thank goodness. But in turn I got no sleep after that. At least it didn't smell like vomit! ....
      Besides that, the flight was fairly smooth for me. We arrived in London at 7 in the morn ing, I felt like I had time traveled or something... It'll take a bit to get used to the time change, but not to worry. They've got lots of strong coffee here in Sweden.
       Now it's really time for bed. I'm going with Clara's family tomorrow to brunch at a family friends house then they are driving me out the the Farm. I'll post again once I'm settled there.

Hope the Sun has come out in Vermont!!

No comments:

Post a Comment