Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Plans in the works...

Hi there! Sorry, I've been a bit lazy on the posts. Let's see... What have I been doing... This last week Clara and I have been talking  a lot about our trip into Europe. And in between, seeing Stockholm little by little. 
Here is Karin, Josie, Clara and Hidden behind Karin is Josie's host sister from Chicago, Allie. We were making plans for Midsummer which is this Friday. We'll be having a dinner party at Clara's house. Midsummer is a summer solstice celebration with Midsummer poles covered in flowers, dances, dinners, drinks, etc. As I've mentioned Sweden has an incredible amount of sunlight and this friday with be the longest sun of the year. So basically it means it will be light enough to see all through the night. 
Another Midsummer tradition is to go into 7 different pastures over 7 different fences and pick a flower from each pasture. When you are going to sleep at night, the 7 flowers should go on your pillow and you shall dream of the one you will marry. I guess I'll test it, see if it will tell me my future.
Above is me in Stockholm one of the days Clara and I strolled around the city, checking out a wall covered in paintings. It's a wall in the center of a part of Stockholm where school children go and create a mural. So much detail to look at and so colorful!
We went to a birthday dinner on Wednesday for the girl in the center of the photo, Joline. Very lovely evening with many lovely ladies. Lots of swedish, but lots of fun.
Here's a view from Joline's appartment. Such lovely light.
Here's a picture of Clara and her friend Oscar from the other night. The three of us along with Allie and Josie sat by the water near Clara's house and watched the color in the sky and just had a nice evening sitting by the water into the late hours of the night.
Yesterday Thorbjörn took Clara and I out for lunch at a place called Gondolen in Slussen (the part of stockholm we were in.) Very nice resturant on the top floor where you could see all of the old city as well as much more of Stockholm. We sat and pointed out the buildings we could see and knew and the different parts of the city and I pointed out the places I recognized. It interesting to see a city from above. I feel like I got muh more of an idea of where things are located and whatnot.
Some of the view.
Clara and I standing on the catwalk to see the city.

Today we are headed off to Skansen. It's one of the islands of Stockholm which serves as a national park in Sweden. Here's the website for anyone who is curious. 
We've packed a picnic with Pasta Salad and Lemonade and fortunatly the rain has stopped and the sun has come out! I'll write more later about how our day went as well as our travel plans into Europe. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment